Hospitalist Jobs in North Carolina
Tuesday · November 20, 2018
1 Job in The Tar Heel State
Photo: The trees of North Carolina in the Fall.
This hospitalist job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent hospitalist job (Durham) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Highly organized.
- Ability to identify and calmly handle inherently stressful situation with tact.
- A minimum of 1 year previous Medical and/or Surgical physician experience required.
- Obtain and maintain eligibility for and participate in Medicare and Medicaid insurances.
- Ability to concentrate on many detailed requests.
- Under the direction of the Chief Hospitalist, this position is responsible for providing optimal patient medical care, patient safety, and patient satisfaction across the age continuum (pediatric and geriatric).
- Current and valid certification in BLS, Acls, and Pals.
- Able to work independently and meet established deadlines.
- Obtain and maintain Medical Staff membership upon hire.
- The Hospitalist must deliver professional medical and administrative services, while maintaining a professional relationship with members of the facility's staff and other treatment team members.
- Board Certification is required upon hire.
- Must be able to communicate and understand the English language both verbal and written.
- Demonstrates accountability, professionalism, openness, flexibility, creativity and innovative ideas.
- The Hospitalist must act a resource for routine and complex medical care, and must be able to educate colleagues of the healthcare team.
- NC Specialty Hospital is a 24 bed surgical hospital that provides orthopaedic, ENT, general, and plastic surgery services.
- The Hospitalist is responsible for all aspects of perioperative care, including both pre operative assessment and all aspects of the post operative medical care of medically complex surgical patients.
- Degree in medicine from an accredited university required.
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships with consumers and staff.
- Demonstrate effective Electronic Medical Record use with adequate and appropriate documentation as required by hospital policy.
- NC Specialty Hospital is currently seeking a full, part, or PRN time Hospitalist Physician for rotating day, night, weekday, and weekend shifts for the Inpatient Unit.
- Be able to adequately perform medical consults requested by surgical team.
- Current, valid, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state of North Carolina required.
- The Hospitalist must be able to identify when a patient requires medical assistance, anticipate their needs, and execute care efficiently and knowledgeably.
- Seeks guidance, direction and assistance when needed.
- Able to make sound reasonable decisions.
This perm job from North Carolina Specialty Hospital was last open on Nov 15.