Hospitalist Jobs in North Carolina
Monday · June 18, 2018
1 Job in The Tar Heel State
Photo: The trees of North Carolina in the Fall.
This locum tenen position offers competitive compensation.
This locum tenen hospitalist job (Ahoskie) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- New providers will need to come in the day before scheduled start date for orientation.
- Offers a desirable climate with mild winters and all four seasons - ideal for outdoor enthusiasts.
- Vidant Roanoke Chowan Hospital in Ahoskie, NC is seeing a BC Internal Medicine/Family Medicine Hospitalist to provide coverage for their hospitalist team.
- July 6th- 7 days.
- 23 Bed Surgical Unit.
- Recreation Center which includes little league baseball, lighted athletic fields and picnic area.
- Of Patients/Day/Provider: 15-20.
- 10 Bed ICU.
- Inpatient Only.
- July 20th- 20 days.
- Low Volume Emergency Department.
- East Carolina University Dental School has a site in Ahoskie.
- Run Codes.
- 28 Bed Medical Unit.
- July 24th- 25 days.
- July 22nd- 23 nights.
- Chowan University just 15 minutes from Ahoskie.
- Of Admissions/Day/Provider:5-7.
- Epic EMR.
- Physician - Hospitalist Job in Ahoskie, NC.
- ICU/Critical Care Procedures NOT required.
- Night time providers cover patients.
- General aviation airport nearby and 1 hour from Norfolk International Airport in Virginia, and 1 hour from commercial airport in Greenville, NC.
- Ahoskie is located 24 miles south of the Virginia line, 40 miles northwest of historic Edenton, NC and 65 miles southeast of Lake Gaston in Littleton, NC.
- Attractive lots and homes on the beautiful Chowan River and in the country.
- Two hours from the Outer Banks, one of the most popular tourist destinations in the country.
- The not-for-profit system is made up of 12,000 employees, eight hospitals, home health, hospice, wellness centers, and Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician and provider group with more than 450 providers in more than 80 practice sites in eastern North Carolina.
- Average Total Inpatient Census: 40.
- This modern facility provides a wide range of health services to its 39,000 residents in the four-county area.
- This area features beautiful rural scenery and a climate conducive to year-round, outdoor activities.
- Vidant Roanoke-Chowan Hospital is a 114-bed, not-for-profit hospital, located in Ahoskie NC.
- Of Providers/Day:3.
- Of Providers/Night: 1.
- Outstanding golf courses, water sports, hunting, camping, fishing, community and state parks for outdoor activities.
- Located in North Carolina's Inner Banks region.
- Vidant Wellness Center - Ahoskie is a 21,000-foot facility which includes a lap pool, an exercise studio and the latest in cardiovascular and strength training equipment.
- Vidant Health is a mission-driven, 1,512-bed health system that annually serves more than 1 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties.
- July 3rd- 8 days.
- As a major resource for health services and education, Vidant has a mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina.
- Acls required.
- 1 hour from the main ECU campus which offers Division 1 athletics and diverse performing arts offerings.
- Vidant is affiliated with The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University.
- The 15-bed ER serves approximately 21,000 patients per year from the local community and surrounding towns.
- Not expected to serve as backup to ER.
This locum job opening was posted
4 weeks ago